By: Hope Williams
Vegetarian Fried Rice
1 package frozen steamable brown rice
1 1/2 cup frozen peas, carrots, corn or any other vegetable you would like
1 cup diced mushrooms any type you would like
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup chopped green onions (optional)
1/2 block cubed firm tofu
soy sauce to taste
1 tablespoon lime juice (optional)
olive oil for frying
1. Press the tofu between some paper towels for 10 minutes to remove excess water. I usually put a plate on top and weigh it down with a can.
2. In a frying pan,fry the cubed tofu, veggies, garlic, mushrooms, and green onions in some olive oil or butter.
3. Microwave the steamable rice white frying the veggies.
4. Add the cooked rice and soy sauce and fry until the tofu starts to brown a little.
5. Season with salt and pepper and lime juice.